Looking for a delicious meal that will last you a few days? Look no further… this amazing Chicken Florentine recipe is sure to please!
My hubby, who HATES leftovers, will eat this for days until it’s gone. He asks for it at least once a month but it is a lot of work, since I make everything from scratch (including the bacon bits), but it is sooo worth it! I usually pair it with a pasta or salad, depending if I can get away with a salad or not. Hubby does not have a taste for vegetables.
Adapted from AllRecipes.com
- 1/2 cup half-and-half
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese *(I HIGHLY recommend using a parmesan wedge and grating it FRESH- its a pain but worth it)
- 2 (13.5 ounce) cans spinach, drained *(you can also use fresh spinach or frozen, just make sure after cooking it you squeeze out as much water as possible)
- 4 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced *(I omit these since hubby doesn’t like mushrooms)
- 2/3 cup bacon bits
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Place the chicken breast halves on a baking sheet; bake 20 to 30 minutes, until no longer pink and juices run clear. Remove from heat, and set aside.
- Increase the oven temperature to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Melt the butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Stirring constantly, mix in the garlic, lemon juice, cream of mushroom soup, Italian seasoning, half-and-half, and Parmesan cheese.
- Arrange the spinach over the bottom of a 9×9 inch baking dish. Cover the spinach with the mushrooms. Pour half the mixture from the saucepan over the mushrooms. Arrange chicken breasts in the dish, and cover with the remaining sauce mixture. Sprinkle with bacon bits, and top with mozzarella cheese.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes in the 400 degrees F (200 degrees C) oven, until bubbly and lightly browned.
Avocado and Pesto Pasta Recipe
- 1 1/2 cups pine nuts or walnuts
- 1 bunch basil
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 avocado, chopped
1) Process together all ingredients except the avocado and the pasta in a food processor until almost smooth, adding more liquid if needed.