- Old Fashioned Lemonade from Betty Crocker
- Allrecipes Brazilian Lemonade
- Raspberry Lemonade from Betty Crocker
Each lemonade was scored on a scale of 1-10 (where 1= that’s food? and 10= the best lemonade that has ever entered my mouth) for overall score, the boyfriend/husband test, and the leftover test. We also provide other comments.
Old Fashioned Lemonade from Betty Crocker
Overall score: 8.5
Overall score: 2
The boyfriend/husband test: 1
The leftover test: 1
Comments: Sadly, this was horrible. It did not nearly live up to its expectations. The flavors at first glance seemingly would go really well together but they just didn’t. Unfortunately this recipe is sooo sweet it tastes like liquid candy. I like the idea behind it though and will try to adapt it so I can enjoy it for once in the future.
Raspberry Lemonade from Betty Crocker
Overall score: 9.5
The boyfriend/husband test: 8
The leftover test: 9.5
Comments: My husband doesn’t really drink lemonade, which is why his score is a little low. I really liked this! It was very easy to make. I thought it was a nice change from a typical lemonade and I would definitely make this again!
While we can’t guarantee the results, here are some ideas you can use to customize the winning lemonade to your dietary needs:
- Vegetarian: It already is!
- Vegan: It already is!
- Lower fat: It is already low in fat.
- Lower sugar/calories: You could cut the sugar down a bit but it may change the taste. Just be mindful! Also consider substituting some of the sugar for a sugar substitute such as Splenda® (see conversion info here), Stevia (see conversion info here), or xylitol (measures 1:1 for sugar). Some people do not like how these taste, though, so proceed with caution!