Aubergine Spread with Yoghurt (Yoğurtlu Patlıcan Ezmesi)
- 4 fresh aubergines
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic, finely ground
- 9.65 oz. yoghurt with at least 3,5% fat rate
- 8 oz. double cream fresh cheese
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. sugar
- 1 tsp. dried or fresh dill
- Peel aubergines, cut in slices, halve slices again, and dust with salt and let rest for about 15 minutes. Then rinse with cold water and dry with a paper towel.
- Softly brown the halved aubergine slices in olive oil for about 3 minutes, then dust them with the sugar and fry them for another 3 minutes. Take the pan from the hot plate and put it in as cool place.
Mix yoghurt and fresh cheese in a big bowl, then add salt and dried or fresh dill and stir well with a whisk.
- Grind the garlic cloves into the yoghurt-mix.
Now add the aubergine slices to stir well with a spoon. Please take care that the slices will not be mashed.
- If possible, let the spread rest over night in the fridge. Flavor and texture will develop best then. Alternatively let the spread rest for at least 5 hours in the fridge.
Enjoy your meal!