Makes 2 (10-ounce) servings
Green Tea Lychee Frappe Ingredients
- 1 can (15-ounce) lychees in syrup, undrained*
- 2 cups water
- 2 slices peeled fresh ginger (2 X 1/4-inches)
- 3 green tea bags
- Fresh orange slices and cherries (optional)
* Canned lychees are readily available in either the canned fruit or ethnic foods section of most large supermarkets.
Green Tea Lychee Frappe Directions
- Drain the lychees, reserving the syrup, and place single layered in a medium resealable food storage bag. Freeze for 1 hour or until firm. Cover the reserved syrup and refrigerate.
- Bring the water and ginger to a boil in small saucepan over medium-high heat then pour over the tea bags in a teapot or 2-cup heatproof measuring cup and steep for 3 minutes.
- Discard the ginger and tea bags then cover the tea and refrigerate until cool.
- Combine the frozen lychees, chilled green tea and 1/2 cup of the reserved syrup in a blender or food processor and blend for 20 seconds, or until smooth.
- Pour into two glasses, garnish with the orange slices and cherries, if desired and serve immediately.
Lychees are subtropical fruit grown in China, Mexico and the United States. They are small oval fruit with rough, bright red hulls. Beneath the hull is milky white flesh surrounding a single seed. The flesh is sweet and juicy. Fresh lychees are available in Asian markets in the United States in early summer.
Green Tea Lychee Frappe Nutrition Information
Total fat: 0.5g
Saturated fat: 0g