Zucchini Pancakes – Mücver
Zucchini Pancakes Ingredients
- 2.7 lbs. zucchini, ground
- 2 medium-sized eggs
- 1 pack baking powder
- 4.8 oz. flour
- 3 spring onions, finely chopped
- 3.2 oz. feta cheese or another soft white cheese
- 1/3 bunch of parsley, finely chopped without stems
- 1/2 dill, finely chopped without stems
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- Olive oil to fry
- 1 clove of garlic with yoghurt for dipping
Zucchini Pancakes Preparation
- Wash and peel the cucumbers. Grind them with a medium-sized grater. At a square-shaped grater it is the coarse grinding surface. Please do not take the finest, but the coarse grater. Otherwise the cucumbers will loose too much water and thus flavor.
- Press out the water and give the drained zucchini into another large bowl.
- Chop spring onions, dill and parsley and mix with the zucchini.
- Then add feta cheese, eggs, flour, baking powder, salt and pepper and stir well until you get a kind of dough.
- Heat up a good portion of oil in a pan. Portion zucchini-mix with a spoon and deep-fry on both sides for about 2 minutes. Then place the pancakes on a paper towel to drip off the oil. Fry the mixture by spoonful’s until the zucchini-mix is finished.
- Mix the yoghurt with the garlic in another bowl and season with salt. This serves as dip for the zucchini pancakes.